Sunday, January 03, 2010

YUM

Happy New Year to you all! So far things are going well. I finally finished the Four Seasons Vine Lace Vest (another wonderful free Ravelry pattern). I'm a little embarrassed to mention how much trouble I gave myself with this nice pattern.

I'm not one to make resolutions for the new year But If I Was I'd resolve to actually reading a pattern through before starting, marking the right size, doing a reasonable swatch, use yarn that is appropriate....well, you know the litany.

Though the yarn was much heavier than called for I ADORED IT. Fleece Artist Hand painted Scotia Aran Wool/Silk in either "Blush" or "Rose". I forget. I never tired of it: squishy, forgiving, LUSCIOUS COLOR. Just plain YUMMY.





The close-up is close to the true color. I bought two skeins at 250 grams per skein (410 yards) and had 119 grams leftover. Size 7 needles (my thanks to friend Sharon for loaning me her very long Knitpicks circulars for the neckband). Knit in size small (highly unusual), lengthened (it ended up hanging 22.5 inches on each side) because I don't do "cropped". It fits beautifully and I expect to get a lot of use out of it.



I kept going back to look at other Fleece Artist yarn and finally settled on this: Blue Face Leicester Aran in "Spring". The photo does NOT capture the beauty of this color way. I plan to make this sweater for myself after I get a few UFO's off my list.

In other knitting news:




I have made several earflap hats (Thorpe) that I somehow spaced photographing. All I have is this extremely cute and silly snap of Hubby. (Hear him screaming in the background? ".....You PROMISED not to post that photo!!!"" Well, blog food is blog food.





There was a request from Kate for her very own mitered hanging dishtowel from Mason-Dixon. Such a nice pattern and a very useful item in the kitchen and makes such handy dandy Christmas presents.

For someone knitting "From Stash" there has been a lot of yarn buying. I seem to be trying to collect all the Cascade 220 superwash colors. I have a lot of magpie in me (Shiny!!).




New Year's day was so nice. Hubby and the S. Hubby watched football and Sharon and I logged in close to 8 hours of knitting down in my studio. Tea, lots of food, and yarn, lots and lots of yarn. My hands and wrist ached. Such fun!



Adorable Kitten Photos





We ain't doing nuthing.

The Joys of Country Living


This is what I got when I turned on the tap this morning. Thankfully, it cleared up pretty fast.


Behind the Times

Being rather behind on my blogging I am just now telling you that Valerie and her husband Rob came to visit in the middle of December. We walked along the Buttermilk trail looking down on the South Fork of the Yuba River. We also took them to Empire Mine. Omar fell in love with Valerie. Who wouldn't? And, it Did Not Rain.


She gave me pretty yarn which I have yet to photograph. Trust me, it's Major Yummy. Photos soon.


Christmas
Having The Squeakers climbing everything in sight we opted for a Christmas branch this year. For years I rented two small but lovely rooms in Los Altos, CA. In the front yard of the house was an Blue Atlas Cedar tree that Katrina, the owner, received as a memorial tree when her husband died. I used to have Christmas branches from this tree. When I married she and another friend gifted us with the same type of tree. So, in a way it was also a tribute to dear Katrina, deeply missed. (Hubby built the frame for me - such a wonderful guy. I am so lucky.)

















3 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger The Swamp Fox said...

Yup, Dick will kill you.

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Suzy said...

I know some of those ornaments! I have an acorn just like that! Alas, mine stayed in it's tissue wrapper this Christmas.

Superwash yarn. Seems the Purple Wonder is made from superwash. Yum-O

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

We had so much fun! I can't post my photos, though, because my SD card ate itself (actually, it corrupted its directory). Rob is doing gymnastics to try to get the actual data off the card, but meantime, the trip photos are gone. So it's fun to see these and THE KITTIES! Tell all the O-nimals I said mew, except Omar of course, who gets a rub and a pat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home