Friday, November 06, 2009

CHANCE OF DRIZZLE


I have a hard time with drizzle. It means a gray day mostly spent indoors but no real rain. Now the word,"mizzle" I adore. It just sounds cool. Shades of Jane Austen without any zombies thank you very much. I like my Jane neat.



Summer is over and most of fall too. As we head into gray days with or without mizzle or even decent rain one needs cheering up.








Some cheerful Day of the Dead fabric. Sounds a bit odd. Dead - Cheerful. Pretty fabric that I am going to use to make a vintage apron. My project for next summer's sew-in. The Enabler has already whipped up some Day of the Dead pincushions. It's our theme for the silent auction.





Another item for Sammy. Baby Sophisticate, a free pattern on Raverly. An easy, fast knit yielding a rather adorable little shawl collared jacket. Knit on size 5's using Lana Grossa Royal Tweed in an unidentified colorway (also using two other colorways for the buttonband touches). The color in the photo is way off. I still need a decent camera. It's a warm red-brown with small flecks of color. I liked the yarn a lot. A merino with a real twist to it. Great knitting for watching TV.




The Classic silk open cardi moves along. One more sleeve to go, a lot of seaming then the picking up along the front for the ribbed collar. It's going to be close going with perhaps not quite enough yarn. I was too embarrassed to take a photo when I seamed the two sides of the back together. Made a nice tube, a possible dog coat. Both fronts were sitting right there in front of me. Brain fritz-out. Alas, not that uncommon these days.

KITTENS





Yes, we have kittens. They chew, they mangle, they poke things (a lot of them knitting related) down the sides of the couch not to be seen again for a long time. They swing off of curtain pulls, they chew patterns through sheet protectors. They tumble through the house play flighting. They fall asleep - plop! They are adorable and growing like mad. 3.5 lbs last time I checked. Instant Purr Machines.

THE GARDEN




The garden needs *so* much work and I am so *uninspired".

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Day of the Dead fabric is AWESOME ... where did you find it?

I kind of want an entire couch made out of the middle one. Though that might get tiring.

The Baby Sophisticate is a great pattern and I think I'll make one right away -- or two. I have twins to knit for. Actually two pair of twins to knit for. Crazy. I can imagine the right color from your wrong-color photo, but.. Maybe you DO want the camera I got. It has a fabulous 'indoor' setting that gets the colors perfect. I'm starting to love this camera more as I use it more.

KITTENS! What can I say - they're darling. Hope to come see them before they're too humongous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home