Friday, January 29, 2010


I was under the weather these last two weeks. First with a massive nosebleed which was bad enough to send me to the emergency room. Then I had an infected earlobe. This is from the woman who is almost never sick. The antibiotics and the pain meds (the first not taken in at least 20 years) threw my digestive track into agony so Everythingearin was one unhappy camper. Thankfully, after the first day I was able to sit on the couch, pale and wan, and knit a bit. Somehow none of the knitting or sewing seems to have been photographed. Hmmm.

Previous to all the blood I found a way cool mushroom on one of my walks. In the Agaric family (gilled), what I believe to be some type of Russula though perhaps not what I've linked to.

Friend Sharon sent me some wonderful African Violets and The Swamp Fox sent me a Duckie card. She's crazy about duckies and I rather like them too. My neighbor brought over a huge bag of Mandarin oranges but that was just coincidence.

I'll spare you any photos of me with a nasal balloon hanging out of my face. Believe me, you don't want to go there.

There continues to be all sorts of knitting and sewing. (Must.Photograph.Work.) Today I hauled both my serger and regular sewing machine over to the repair shop to get tuned up. The serger is fine but needs regular care but Lily is showing signs of wonky bobbin stitches. It feels rather strange not having them around.
I finally made it back to knit night.

Armed Response

The Squeakers continue to grow. it's just about time to have them spayed. I find I am resisting the idea of surgery - they are such happy little creatures but do not in any way want more kittens brought into the world. My day is spent listening to them poking and prodding until something falls over or crashes down. Lately they're been attacking the plant that lives behind my kitchen sink. After the second onslaught I took action putting bamboo skewers into the dirt. This doesn't hurt them (too much) but it does stop them from digging around. It usually works with squirrels too.

Opal, she who is afraid of loud noises and birds, getting into trouble with dirt. (It bit back!)

Opal looking adorable in my houserobe (snagged off the couch).
Wet Stuff

We've been having days and days of rain. Finally the skies cleared and sunshine fell right out of the sky. One is grateful for the rain (we need it) but it was lovely to have a break. More is on the way.


At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Suzy said...

If Opal is the first kitty, is not Olive the second? Or did Opal have that much dirt on her face that her stripes weren't showing? Precious.

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

How are you feeling? Hope you're over all the miserable now and back to enjoying life again! {hugs} Love the photos as always...


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home