Sunday, April 11, 2010

WHERE WAS I....?


I've fallen far behind in my blogging and have such a backlog of photos. I'm just going to list them as I find them.







My very own, top down cardi done in Fleece Artist. Buttons from Blackwater Abbey. I lost track of how many skeins I used but more than two, less than four. I ended up knitting this sucker twice since it was far too large the first time. It was a fast knit (a Knitting, Pure and Simple pattern) so it wasn't that onerous to do.






Linda, the now ex-owner of the coffee show where my weekly knit night meets. We made her an afghan (a square of more each). She loves it. We miss her.








Two little girl dresses, Year 1 size for Valerie, daughter of my cyberfriend, Jollin who lives in Singapore. They are SO cute!




The promised shawl for my stepson's girlfriend. Boneyard done in a silky merino from Sundara. I had wanted to do Damson but I need something I could do while watching TV.








Saroyan. A delightful pattern. I got ambitious and added a second leaf repeat which resulted in my running out of yarn. A silk alpaca one off bought locally so no more is to be had. I used another colorway which doesn't quite work. I could try carefully frogging the other side and redoing the lace pattern backward (if that can even be done) and give the scarf a balanced "dipped" look. Not likely to happen though. The yarn is lovely but not quite as soft as I would want for a scarf/shawl.



Saroyan done in an aran silky merino (Sweet Orange Blossom) from Sundara (which I have lots of). A wonderful yarn that has the unfortunate tendency to grow after being washed. I'm using it for shawls and blankets from now on. It's a lovely color and so very soft. A gift for a friend.



A bow-knot scarf. I did another one in blue chenille. Gifts for my cousin Phyllis who lives in northern Canada.

Some things work out...others don't



My first attempt at a Day of the Dead vintage apron (not quite finished). It turned out that the XL was gigantic so I started over with a size L which fits just fine.




Cats who love baskets and their owners who photograph them.



A good fit.



Needs work.
Some lovely Sanguine Gryphon Edios in the foreground. Opie is a great lover of baskets. Shortly after this photo was taken he managed to flip out of the basket and off the counter top. He got right back in.





















































1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Suzy said...

Opie and Opal look so contented. Excellent aprons!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home