Friday, January 13, 2012

ONE OF THESE DAYS...






It's going to rain. Snow will fall in the Sierras. Hubby and I will haul out our cross country skis or our snowshoes and we'll go play. One of these days. I'm sure of it.


In the meantime Hubby works very hard.








Some critters - not so much. A pool of sunlight makes a small dog very sleepy. Cats too.


I do what I can.


I keep telling myself I should take advantage of the dry weather and get lots done outside. So far not lots but some. Mostly I want to knit and sew.


Finished at last: Cameo


It's not quite the vamp top shown in the book but I like it. It's very warm yet very light. I've already worn it several times. RY Cashsoft DK. Around 6 skeins on 4's (I think). I knit and reknit the little cap sleeves trying to get short rows that didn't look like crap. Good news: I did finally and now I know A GREAT DEAL about short row-ing. Not so great news: the sleeve looked quite dumpy and baggy to boot so out them came. I wish that 1) I hadn't bothered with so much short row effort and 2) I'd made a smaller size though this is exactly my size and I got gauge spot on.


Knit and Learn. It's what it's all about. That and mellowing out the urge to kill people. (Did I type that out loud?)




I decided to whip out a pair of simple fingerless gloves via a free pattern on Ravelry. Totally easy and the yarn was free too. Lorna's Laces sock yarn from my knitting group's Christmas yarn swap. I've never worked with LL before though Valerie gifted me with some a couple of years ago and I keep meaning to use it. The yarn is nice but I haven't really felt an urge to drool over it. The gloves are larger than I hoped for. I have wide hands and fairly long fingers and they are big on me. Still, off to Gift Land they will go. I have Bright Star up next on my needles and perhaps I'll work on a UFO.

GARDEN STUFF



The days are pretty warm for this time of year (like in the SIXTIES!!!) but there is and has been a fair amount of frost. There are still flowers to be found such as this Fall blooming Tagetes lemmonii.




And some blooms up high on the climbing roses.


Perhaps Hubby and I should do a rain dance. I am considering washing my truck too. These are desperate times.





1 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

better than watering the truck, the pastures were irrigated last Sunday (at long last). If that doesn't bring the rain then I don't know what will!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home