Friday, May 19, 2006

At the Movies

I went to see the Da Vinci Code this afternoon. In a word (three actually): I loved it. My husband loved it. After reading several reviews by critics who seem more interested in sounding clever and trashing it (maybe it wouldn’t be cool to actually like something?) I wondered if we had all been to the same movie. It won’t go down as one of the world’s most fantastic films but it was entertaining, well acted, nicely paced without being didactic and overbearing concerning the matter of religion. No one seemed miscast to me. There are changes from the book. A film cannot be a book but they were nicely done and some downright clever. The book was well, you know it’s cataloged as fiction after all. Go see it, see for yourself.

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

I'm so glad I read your comment. I really did enjoy the book, and was about convinced that the movie was a dog, just from heresay. Now I WILL go see for myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home