Friday, May 05, 2006




Different but the Same

Reading the different blogs is fascinating. People - mostly women from all over writing in different styles about what moves them. None of it is earth shattering yet it is all so important. We’re all so different yet so much the same. I had an anthropology instructor who once said, "Man’s similarities outweigh his differences".

I laugh at the outrageously funny comments made by the Yarn Harlot and pause and think about what DanceswithWool has to say about life with six phases of winter. We’re all marked, shifted, imprinted by where we grew up, how our parents grew up, the age we live in, our birth personalities yet we are the same.

I seem to be getting very little done today. I blame it on my headache. I did take some more pictures of my garden, which has something new blooming every day. I wake up each morning and go out to my greenhouse to see what new seedlings have sprouted and fret about those who haven’t.

2 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

You have my undying admiration. I don't have the temperment to keep plants alive. One wonders why I even attempted raising children.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Hi Earin! (Thanks for posting on my blog, so I found yours!) I enjoyed your words today. I suppose in some way blogs help us form and remember the bonds between humans.. what makes us all the same is greater than what makes us different (though of course the devil's in the details!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home