Friday, April 28, 2006



Patterns of Old

My mother gave me someold patterns a while back. At first I thought, ugh but once I managed to get past the hair, color choices and accessories I found that many of them were pretty stunning. Some are American, some are English (mum is Welsh). I know that her garage is stuffed with patterns dating back to her youth. I've been trying to think of a polite way to ask About The Will. I want to make sure I get the rest of her stash.

I’ve been knitting up a storm trying to finish this for a certain person’s birthday. It will be a day or two late but much progress is being made. I’m wrapping the Rowan wool cotton with the Super Kid Mohair/silk, which is giving the hat a slightly fuzzy look, and making it very, very soft.

1 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Love your hat!

I've started a blog myself. Who knows if I'll keep it up.. .but I love reading yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home