Tuesday, July 11, 2006

BIRTHDAY BLOG

Yes, it's my birthday and I'll blog if I want to. My friend Katrina was recently in the Orkney Islands of Scotland where they take their sheep very seriously. She sent me this wonderful card. The inner image is metal and I imagine if I wanted to peel it off I could put it on say, my refrigerator. In the background are the cutest tiny sheep frolicking on the blue paper.

Yesterday brought me a box of Sundara yarn. Valerie turned me on to her. Thank you Valerie! I am trying to "be good" (deeply overrated) and not start up another project asap. BUT knitting a swatch is okay - right?

I have made no progress on the dress today but I am still hoping to get in there and sew a few seams.

One of the reasons I haven't done much today is that we had deer get into our lower garden late last night and one young male injured himself jumping out. We had to call animal control and I won't say anymore other than God Speed little deer.

1 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Happy Birthday sweetie!

The yarn looks yummy. What is it about fibre that is so completely irresistable? This has only happened to me in the last year. Is it maturity? I don't care, I'm having fun, and it looks like you are too.

By the way, speaking of Birthdays, I have changed the date of my big bash birthday party to September 9, no interference with the Celtic Festival. 4pm-8pm. Save the date!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home