Saturday, July 08, 2006

Breath In. Breath Out.

I am fortunate in that I have no allergies other than to rubber and latex. No problems breathing. Never had a sinus infection (yet - I don't want to curse myself here). So, I woke up this morning to find I was having difficulty breathing AND my nose tickled. Toss in the slow realization that hubby dear was taking pictures and that pretty much summed up my morning. I've said this before and I'll say it again. I. Am. Not. A. Morning. Person. No one in my family is. It's genetic already.

I realized that I've been so enamored of having a kitten again that I've not been paying enough attention to some of the other felines who reside in this house. This is Ollie as a kitten. Like most cats he has a thing for boxes.
This is Ollie today at 5 years of age (come August) and 17 plus pounds. He and his brother Opie have HUGE paws. They used to be a trio with a brother named Ozzie but he died. I still miss him.

Opie on the other hand likes rugs. He climbs under them himself and goes to sleep.I noticed this flower as I was watering this morning. It's a cosmos called "Psyche".

And I am happy to annouce that FIG season has started. One of the wonderful things about fig trees is that they set fruit TWICE. So, you can make yourself sick of figs, wait a bit till you're over it, and then make yourself sick again. My kind of fruit tree.

4 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Aren't blogs fun? I love the flower. And Ollie still has the same look about him, with a more mature looking nose.

When does fig season end? I'd like to make time for a visit before the end of t he second season. Have you tried drying them?

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Earin Marybird said...

I'm not sure when the season ends for figs. I'm usually comatose by then! It's a little different each year. This year everything is a little late. I think it will be awhile before they are done. I have stewed, pickled, make jam, dried - you name it.

Yes, I can still see the kitten in Ollie and he is still very playful. And yes again, blogs are fun!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Lene Andersen said...

You're giving me kitten fever. Stop it! I'm sure Mojo would hate an interloper, but seeing these pictures, it's awfully hard to resist...

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Elinoire said...

I feel as though I (sort of) know you via Valerie, so hope comments are okay from a stranger (I'm new to the World Of Blogs and still figuring out the rules :-) ).

That being said, I had to comment on the picture of you with the kitten face mask. The other day I went through all our photos -- which live on my husband's computer -- in search of a specific one. Strangely, I kept finding set after set of me sleeping, with my cat Sylvie curled up next to my face. I had no idea there were than many pictures of me asleep in existence. :-\

 

Post a Comment

<< Home