Monday, July 10, 2006

HOT DOGGIE

It continues to be hot here in the Sierra foothills. It's either early morning for doggie walks or towards dusk before I'll venture out. Omar knows that come early evening we head out to the meadow to play ball. I hit various balls with an old racquetball racquet and he runs after them when he feels like it. He assures me that he is not a retriever.

The first hubby sock is done. Even the toe has been sewn up and I continue to improve with my Kitchner stitch. I've cast on the second sock and all is going well. I am spending most of my time sewing at the moment. I haven't sewn anything more complicated than pillow covers for some time so I was a bit worried about things like zippers but so far it has all gone well. This dress has godets and is lined. I'm hoping to have it finished by Friday (dinner out YEA!!).

Valerie blogged about working with Cascade yarns and that made me think of the very first sock (sort of - the very, very first was so painful we'll just have a moment of silence then move on to happier thoughts) I knitted was with Cascade using a pattern called Two-Toes Sock by Samantha Quinton. I only did one because not having bothered with gauge (yes, I've learned my lesson) it came out HUGE. Or so I thought. I dug it out of my stash bin (okay - I have more than one bin) and tried it on. It's a little loose and the ankle is baggy but really, it was much better than I remember. I liked the heel turn. You put half the stitches on a piece of waste yarn and come back to them. I thought it was very clever.

I'm still working my way toward finishing up the last nine inches and two button holes of my sweater jacket. Most of the time it sits alone on the sideboard (and I have the gall to ask my husband to clean up his piles of stuff - cough, cough). Other times Otis goes over and says hello. Do our unfinished projects get lonely?




1 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Man, for a first sock I think that's pretty fab, actually. I cheated and did my first sock with worsted weight!

So when's your birthday?
Send me your address so I can send you a card!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home