Monday, July 24, 2006

THE CHAIR

This chair belongs to Ollie. The big, 17 lbs., silver and gray cat. He has turquoise eyes. This chair does not belong to a 3.7 lb. pipsqueak (who has an adorable green bandage on his left hind foot from a visit to the vet today - just a blood draw). The couch? The couch is open to anyone but this is OLLIE's chair.

As adorable as Otis is what is really on my mind is ANTS. For months now I have endured ants crawling through my bathroom, ants crawling through my husband's bathroom, ants behind the kitchen sink. I was out of the house for a total of 45 minutes or less this morning when I returned to this:

ANTS, ANTS AND MORE ANTS. I have ants behind the sink, ants in my bathtub, ants next to this very computer crawling up my iced tea, and over my BODY. Ants in the pantry and ants who knows where else. I have bait out. They LOVE the bait. They eat it up. They take it home to Queenie. I assume she eats it like Turkish Delight. It makes them STRONG. Pehaps I didn't make myself clear at the store. I want to KILL the ANTS. Not nourish the little buggers.

Okay. Breath in. Breath out.

Random Garden Photos

A nice red dahlia.
Some small two toned, orange zinnias.
Some melted cats at 9 am this morning with a confused dog (what do you mean you don't want to play?).

It's 104F. We received our electric bill. We sat down. We opened it. We laid down on the floor. I've paid less in rent (a LOT less).

1 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Ugh, ants. You have my sympathies -- and empathies. I think California was built on an anthill! Either that or the ants will, sooner than we realize, take over the planet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home