Thursday, September 21, 2006

SECRET PROJECT I've been working on a couple of secret projects and one is ready to be unwrapped. I've got a podcast and I'm exhausted which is unfortunate because there is still so much to do. But Episode One is done and uploaded. It's called TrueYarns and you can find it on my completely undeveloped bare bones of a website at http://trueyarns.libsyn.com. It's about knitting and "all things creative". It's not perfect but heck, it's done. In the first episode I talk about going down to see the Yarn Harlot (or the Yarlot as I call her at one point) and the Quilts of Gee's Bend. There's some pretty nice music too. So, go take a look (please).

EYE CANDY FRIDAY
The summer garden is winding down with volunteer morning glories twining their way around anything they can and the autumn crocus showing their pretty heads amid the ground cover. The late summer flowers are starting to bloom - Mexican bush sage, Japanese anemones. The pineapple sage is now covered with red flowers but that silvery blue morning glory which was going to be threaded through the plant is nowhere to been seen. Gardening plans often just don't unfold as you imagine them. Time to get outside now that the weather is cooler and start cleaning up the dead leaves and getting the rest of the mulch spread out. There are still a lot of figs but they'll be finished soon. Despite all the netting something is eating the grapes and the deer are shearing off anything near the fence line.

Tomorrow I leave for Sebastapol and three days of relaxing with girlfriends at our annual get together, the Sebastopol Celtic Festival. Joy! I'm not going to do anything more stressful than listen to great music, chatter with dear friends and work on my log cabin blanket (knitted on size 5's in Rowan wool cotton).

2 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Really enjoying your podcast -- you have a lovely speaking voice! And so far, great music too :-)

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said...

I've just enjoyed your podcast, great music, interesting content and you have a soothing voice.
My only suggestion would be to play another fabulous song to end the show.
I'm looking forward to episode 2.
Lindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home