Saturday, October 07, 2006

THE LOG CABIN BLANKET
and
EPISODE TWO OF TRUE YARNS (my podcast) The blanket progresses though sometimes it gets a little difficult to actually reach it. Last night it was time to switch to longer needles. That said, the reality was that I spent a lot of time searching for longer needles. I finally found a pair of size 4's in bamboo. A little bent (a common problem I have with wooden needles) but usable - I thought. I quickly discovered that the tip of one was chewed and basically toast. In the early hours of the morning I finally had the bright thought that I last saw my metal set out in the RV. I think it's time to organize my stash and get a better way of storing my needles. I'm also getting an urge to cast on the wrist warmer pattern from the Irish Hiking Scarf knitalong and to get back to my sock knitting.

I've finally pulled Episode Two of TrueYarns so go take a listen. I talk about going to the Sebastopol Celtic Festival and I wrote a poem to the Yarn Harlot after she blogged about having a cold and being unable to get her gauge right on a sweater. There's some cool music too.A BELATED EYE CANDY FRIDAY
The Floozy is host to a female preying mantis. She'd really like to hook up with a nice guy who doesn't put up much of a fight.
Not really eye candy - I took Omar to the local park for a walk. I don't walk there much since I find it rather contained and get tired of all the signs telling me what I can't do and besides there are many, many more interesting and unstructured places to hike. There was a small faire going on which delighted Omar since he received lots of attention. No yarn for sale but there was a quilting booth.

2 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Otis and Omar almost make a tao sign.. so darling. I almost missed the second cat in the picture!

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said...

I love the snoozy family.
Otis is growing into a big boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home