Sunday, November 26, 2006

MonoMeme

Borrowed from Moth Heaven

I have had mixed feeling about the MeMe’s. You can say so much more about yourself than you realize. It might be that it’s the eternal conflict of wanting to be private yet craving attention. For Better or For Worse here’s mine.

1. Yourself: Strong. Not mainstream. I like to joke that I’m rarely an asshole but I’m still sometimes a jerk. I keep trying to be a better person without getting all weird about it.
2. Your boyfriend/girlfriend (spouse): Wonderful. The Universe came together and I met a person who is perfect for me. Even better: he thought so too.
3. Your hair: Not worth the money I pay to have it cut. Two parents both with baby fine hair. Toss in a couple of cowlicks and a hit and miss wave. Nice color going gray.
4. Your mother: Fearful, difficult, loved.
5. Your Father: Deceased. While living: hard to impossible to know.
6. Your Favorite Item: My pets.
7. Your dream last night: For some reason I had gone off to graduate school and was living in a dorm. I was not happy about this.
8. Your Favorite drink: Club soda (non alcoholic) Gin and Tonic with lots of lime (alcoholic).
9. Your Dream Car: My current vehicle, Big Red. A 1993 Toyota pickup with 4 wheel drive and an Xcab. Works hard, has only needed a major repair once and even gets decent mileage.
10. The room you are in: My living room with a fire in the wood burning stove, a blanket over my lap and lots and lots of animals vying for contact space.
11. Your Ex: A brain with a troubled heart.
12. Your fear: I don’t like confrontations but I can deal with them.
13. What you want to be in 10 years? Just what I am now but more patient.
14. Who you hung out with last night? My hubby.
15. What You're Not? Quiet in public.
16. Muffins: Cranberry.
17. One of Your Wish List Items: For the planet not to come crashing down around our ears in the next ten to twenty years.
18. Time: Slippery. The days are not long enough to do all the things I’m interested in.
19. The Last Thing You Did: Made coffee, poured juice, let the cats out and opened the cat door. Built up the fire. Logged on.
20. What You Are Wearing: Pajamas.
21. Your Favorite Weather: It changes with the seasons. I like late summer the best. When the world seems to be holding her breath before plunging into fall.
22. Your Favorite Book: Doris Lessing, Martha Quest/The Children of Violence series.
23. The Last Thing You Ate: A Clementine.
24. Your Life: The best it has ever been.
25. Your Mood: Content. Looking forward to the day.
26. Your best friend: I have three close girlfriends.
27. What are you thinking about right now? Do I want to continue working on the rib and cable mitt or clean up my sewing area?
28. Your car: See #9. This car has been everything I wanted it to be.
29. What are you doing at the moment? Typing this. Talking to my hubby as he gets his cereal.
30. Your summer: It sure went by fast. I remember enjoying it.
31. Your relationship status: Married at 52 for the first time and it is good.
32. What is on your TV? Everything. Hubby just bought a 42” HD flat screen TV.
33. What is the weather like? A storm is coming in.
34. When is the last time you laughed? Today when I woke up underneath my dog and Otis our six month old cat.

1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home