Tuesday, November 07, 2006

BLOGLESS KATE
A MOVIE REVIEW

My friend Kate, she who is blogless and plans to remain so, has been sending me reviews of movies she has watched at home recently. They are all oldies but goodies. (Kate and I delight in all things Clint. She is also gaga for the Man from U.N.C.L.E. AND Steve McQueen. She also has a special edition of The Magnificent Seven which is to die for. Ask her how tight Yul Brynner's pants were. Just get her started.)

With permission granted I begin a series of movie reviews.

So, last night I watched Bullitt for the first time ever. Here are
some things I noticed:


1. The famous car chase was probably pretty great in 1968, but since
then it has been copied so many times, it has lost its punch. Ronin's
is better.


2. Jackie Bissett serves no purpose whatsoever.

3. SMcQ *looks good in paisley pajamas.


4. I want his flat.


5. I cried when the Mustang got trashed.


6. Dodge Chargers have 6 hubcaps. Who knew?


7. Gap, Inc. has built its headquarters on the site of the hotel where
the witness gets shot.


8. The wardrobe budget clearly went to RV's** suits. (Again.)


9. I completely missed Robert Duvall, he is somewhere in the movie, I
don't know where.


10. Parking in North Beach was always bad.


11. Lalo Schifrin did the music for both Bullitt and Dirty Harry.
Coincidence?


12. I do not miss the Embarcadero Freeway at all.


13. Al least Bullitt had a woman, unlike some other SF cops I can
mention. Pity.

*Steve McQueen
**Robert Vaughn



1 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

I like this style of movie review. Cracks me up! Tell her to write more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home