Friday, October 20, 2006

FRIED FRIDAY

I don't know quite why I'm feeling a little fried this Friday. Perhaps it's the persistent headache I've had all day. Hubby, if you asked him, will tell you that I'm being a little thin skinned and not at all my usual easy going self.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Perfect California weather. Warm enough for shorts and a T-shirt, golden sunshine and a blue-blue sky. I am pulling together my first gift for my Secret Pal. I think I've come up with a couple of things that will be out of the ordinary but still missing the dreaded "what the heck is this?" part of sending a complete stranger a gift. I've read the SP9 entry on how to put a button on your blog and let me tell you it's....Impossible. I did get a button shape up but it had no actual button picture. Blogger has some information but dang if I can find it. You would think typing "how to post a button" or variations on the theme in the search field would lead me to something, well, helpful. Hello? Blogger help? You don't.

I'm trying to finish up a few little knitted things such as the wristwarmers so I can take a break and do some sewing. I have grand plans to whip out three pairs of fine wale corduroy pants fitted to my own uniquely shaped body over a very short period of time. I am going to meet up with my girlfriend Suzy and go to a four day sewing expo, 4 Women of Design, in Sacramento in mid November and I have nothing to wear. If I haven't mentioned it before I'm retired. I was fortunate enough to have worked my butt off for some number of years and my husband for even longer and we were able to take an early retirement. Believe me, we're enjoying it. A. Lot. That said, I spend my days in old shorts, sweats, whatever. Now I can pull together a nice outfit for the odd dinner out or special event but four days? So, break out the rusty sewing skills and let it rip! I should be able to pull this off since Suzy was kind enough to fit a pants pattern to me back in March. She also taught me how to sew over the telephone years ago when I was recovering from surgery. She's already received one slightly frantic email from me today. Stay where I can reach you Suz. Otis thinks the fabric pile is a great place for a redheaded kitten to catch a little shut eye. Turn that flash off will ya?

When I filled out my SP9 questionnaire I mentioned that I wanted to learn how to finish my projects in a more attractive way so I got this book. It just came today so I haven't had more than a moment to peek inside. I think I will review it on my podcast, TrueYarns in a week or so. I want to compare the embroidery section to a book I have from 1964. Stay tuned!

EYE CANDY FRIDAY

I forgot that to get more than a couple of photos loaded onto blogger I have to put them in before my text so I only have this one picture. (I am really down on blogger today aren't I?)

This is Deborah who works at Keeping Still Mountain Tea Shop, which is the most wonderful tea shop ever. I love this place. Just to let you know how nice they are on their business card they lists the names of their employees (okay all two of them and the owner, Jick). Rain or shine, you step inside and your heartrate slows down.

2 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

I've been a little off today, too. Down here we blame the Santa Ana winds (for everything, frankly)...

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

To post a button, save the button to your harddrive. Then you have to upload it somewhere online. I use photobucket.com. (it's free and that's all I need. :-) )

Then after you upload it there, you check the little box by the button, and click on the button that says something about creating HTML. That will give you html stuff that you can just put in your sidebar or where ever you want the button. If you have another question just e-mail me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home