Thursday, October 12, 2006

GOOD VIBES

You're looking at Ilene, who works at MeadowFarm Yarn Studio, my favorite local yarn store. Not only is she incredibly nice and amazingly helpful we trade puppy training stories and tips. I love walking into MF and getting a good whiff of all that lovely wooly goodness. If I owned a yarn store I'd set up a cot now and again so I could sleep surrounded by such wonderful stuff. While my friend Elaine was visiting (and having a birthday - we ate a lot of chocolate cake while she was here) she worked on the Irish Hiking Scarf that I turned her on to and a sweater that is giving her some problems and taking a long time to finish up. I didn't get a picture of her sweater and the adorable sheep that is knitted on the bottom but I did get her scarf. Her yarn looks a lot like denim but feels very soft as wool is wont to do.My first IHS wrist warmer gave me a few problems when I lost count of my rows and had to frog half of it. The second one knitted up so fast my needles were smoking. I am pleased. And I haven't a clue as to what the yarn is other than wool. I used it to knit a dog sweater last winter. I had to frog part the sweater to have enough yarn to finish. Omar has lots of coats so he won't suffer. I have even swatched for a much simpler pair of wristwarmers using a free pattern from Interweave Knits.
Yea winter - come on, I'm ready!
I now have a Secret Pal and after taking a look at her blog I have no idea what to give her. She isn't going to be impressed with any of the things I had been considering (yarn, soaps, candles) so I will have to resort to being clever. I. Can. Do. Clever. (I think.)

And finally....
A New Dryer. It turned out that the cost of repairing our "old" dryer (5 years and ready for the nursing home) was almost as expensive as buying a new one. Finally, laundry service has now returned to the premises. (And through the door to the right is the most amazing pile of dirty laundry. Be thankful you can't see it.)

2 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Ooh, pretty wrist warmers!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Earin Marybird said...

I haven't tried the Interweave Knitting pattern that you so kindly mailed to me. I can't wait to try those! The swatching is for some much a much simpler pattern that I think will work better for the person I am making them for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home