Tuesday, November 21, 2006

ON THE FLOOR
Does anyone remember the little 1 pound kitten that we rescued back in early June? That sad little waif is long gone and in his place is very feisty, I know just what I want and I.Want.It.Now six month old cat. Otis is a whopping 9.8 lbs and just back from the vet's being fixed. All has gone well and the most difficult part is keeping him quiet for a few days and not rough housing with Omar. We are hearing pitiful cries aplenty from the guest room where he is being held prisoner. Let me out! Let me out NOW!!! I was checking my Fuyu persimmon tree this afternoon when Ollie ran up one of the plum trees. As usual he looked very majestic, all silvery gray with blue green eyes.
This is as far as I knitted on the Interweave Knits Spring 2006 "Rib and Cable Mitts" pattern that Valerie kindly mailed to me earlier this year. I'm having a slight problem with the thumb gusset. That darn 2 rib part isn't showing up. I think all I need to do is actually pay attention, not try to figure it out while watching "Lost" on DVD.

This is the flannel fabric I picked up at Stonemountain and Daughter to make into lounging around/pj pants.

I've put out Episode 4 of TrueYarns, my podcast so give it a listen if you are so inclined. I'm still having some technical difficulties. The way libsyn does their links doesn't seem to be the same way blogspot does. Go figure.

4 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Ooh! LOVE the colors you're using on the rib and cables mitts. I actually messed up the thumbs myself, but the mitts are totally usable anyway so I am not too worried (they were for me). Good luck with the finish!

I've downloaded your latest podcast to listen to at the gym.. makes the time just fly :-)

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Oh yeah, and glad Otis came through his surgery ok (I knew he would). Just a few days and he'll be back to his favorite activites (perhaps a mite less aggressively). yay.

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the color of the wristwarmer is nice.

the fabrics are wonderful too.

ur SP

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Elinoire said...

How's Otis? Has he been allowed out yet? Poor guy.

Those are amazing fabrics -- I can't believe you found such gorgeous *flannel*! I'm very jealous. All I can find are pastels or baby prints. :-\

 

Post a Comment

<< Home