Tuesday, November 28, 2006

ZIP IT UPI'm this close to finishing the first rib and cable mitt. I've only frogged the thumb gusset 3 or 4 times before I finally liked the results. Apparently M1 purl wise was beyond my comprehension. It also became apparent pretty quickly that I was going to be running more than a little short of the main color yarn for mitt No. 2. The yarn is a lovely Elite Classic merino called Waterlily. Today I phoned Uncommon Threads where I had bought it back in Sept. and yippeee!! they had another skein in the same dye lot. The beat goes on.

With the colder weather I've been looking at what dog coats are available. I've a few fleece things that I've sewn but Omar has grown since I made them and I don't like the fit. I came across a coat I knitted last winter that turned out to too large for a small dog. After trying it on Omar I think I can take it in along the back and then put in a zipper. I've never done a zipper before and to screw up on a dog sweater is more appealing than to destroy something I've spent hours and hours on. I can't recall what the yarn is other than wool and can't find the label.
Otis is feeling fine after his surgery. He now goes outside, runs up trees and follows his idol, Opie everywhere. Opie is not amused. He has started to agree to being licked though. Opie has always loved to lick and be licked. He used to pin his brother Ozzie down with one paw and go to it till Oz squeaked. Ozzie died three years ago and the Opster never found a replacement till now. When the hormones start to fade I think they'll have a beautiful friendship.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Great kitty pic. And glad to hear Otis is doing fine!

I vote yes on experimenting on dog sweaters. The potential emotional cost is so much lower :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home