Tuesday, September 04, 2007

PEE, PEE YOUR LITTLE HEART OUT

Ollie had another trip to the vets because he became blocked again. After the on call vet from our regular place didn't return my call I drove to the Loomis Basin Vet Hospital which is an hour away. I was pretty grumpy about not getting a call back but the upside is that Loomis is "The Place" to take a sick animal. I saw three different vets and two out of three looked like they had yet to graduate from junior high school. Not to say they weren't educated, friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. Just Young. Very Young.

Over the next few days I would see a lot of this.



And this guy.

And his friend.

One of the emergency room staff is an avid knitter and we spent some time talking projects and she admired my mitered squares. Yesterday I sat next to an amazing puffer fish as I waited two hours to see Ollie. He was having his catheter redone. He was not thrilled about this but afterward he flowed well I was told. Today I was able to bring him home. Hopefully, he will pee his little heart out and all will be well. Otherwise it's a trip back to see Mr. Puffer Fish.
I should have taken a photo of all the trucks on Highway 80. When we go off in the RV I am constantly impressed with how much of America's products are moved via trucks. I love to read the names: Lincoln, Nebraska, Lansing, Michigan, Zamora, CA. Who even knew there was a Zamora, CA? Being a trucker must be a hard and lonely job. I often see them with small animals at the rest areas.


I am being well rubbed and loving it. I am so grateful that he is back home though my credit card is a little melted along the edges. Now, back to sewing those vests.







4 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Ollie! You were greatly missed. Now, use that litter box well, and often. Any lay off the vanilla eclairs, or whatever was causing your crystals. Repeat after me, Swarovski is not a food group. Swarovski is not a food group.

Do they spin the fleece from the llamas? What are their names. I have always been partial to vets who have resident creatures.

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We never fully appreciate the bodily functions of our animals until they stop. I'm glad Ollie seems better, he is a sweetie.

Love, Mia (who has a profound appreciation for horse manure)

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

So glad he's home.. . let's pray for pee!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger The Cat Herder said...

I'd love to hear more about the ungulates...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home