Friday, August 03, 2007

MIGHTY MITERS

I've been making more miters. I find that when I've frogged just a little too often on Pebbles I like to have some sort of success and miters are a nice way to go about getting that feeling. I made myself a cheat sheet of just what the stitch count should be for every odd row so when I pick it back up or just generally feel lost I can quickly figure out where I am. I need all the help I can get.

I have made more pickles and lots more jam. My kitchen floor is starting to remind me of the La Brea Tar Pits. Sticky, very sticky. I am done with jamming for a while so I will commence with mopping.
I am also reviewing a book on dyeing. I think my next podcast will be a review of several books on the subject from basic to advanced. (Yes! Try this at home but use the proper safety precautions!)
AND IT'S TIME FOR...EYE CANDY FRIDAY!
I rather like ECF. It encourages me to get out and take photos each and every week to post.


Grass fronds. Type? Um....


Small zinnias.


Large zinnia.

Several years after being transplanted from a friend's garden into mine the Naked Ladies bloom. Totally worth the wait.

My naked ladies planted at the correct time and blooming with wonderful regularity. We are grateful.







1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Love the eye candy! I'm a big fan of Naked Ladies.. need some in my new garden if I ever have one.

I found I don't have the patience for miters.. not sure why not. But I admire them from afar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home