Friday, July 06, 2007

NOW FOR SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT

Four skeins of Naturally Merino & Fur from New Zealand. 70% Merino and 30% New Zealand possum fur, a surprise gift from my cyberbuddy, Valerie. Valerie, you are Too.Much!! I had no idea that anyone anywhere did things with possums but apparently (at least according to a quick Google search) there is a whole industry "down there" involving possums which are considered, despite being incredibly cute, pests. Many, many thanks to Valerie for taking the time during her visit to Australia to pick me up something amazing and unusual. She even included a pattern for a plaited wrap.

I braved the heat today and made a quick trip to the fabric store where two people assured me that the very bright orange fabric in the back of this photograph went well with my new capri's. I want to make a summer blouse and put some of the fabric from the pants on the edges. The Enabler gave me a heads up that Hot Patterns was having a sale on their very cool sewing patterns and I immediatly bought four. Now I am pacing back and forth in front of the mailbox waiting for them to arrive.
I am making good headway with my Rowan pattern which is called "Pebbles" probably because it's done in a moss stitch which gives it a pebbly texture. The front will have cables going up the edges. I love the yellow worsted weight yarn from Sundara. I find myself stroking it and gazing at it with affection. Veddy.Nice.Stuff. So far the pattern makes perfect sense. I'm on a roll here - cinnamon to be exact.

Otis continues to be thinner than I like but he's full of spunk. Just ask Opie who never gets a break from being pestered. He wouldn't come in last night (we bring everyone in before dark so they don't become coyote food) but he insisted on staying out. He was at the door this morning looking tired and a bit hungry. An uneasy night along with the 101F heat and he was zoned for the whole day.

EYE CANDY FRIDAY

I get a lot of mileage out of this vase. I bought two of them (similar but not identical) when I visited Queensland many years ago.


My garden is rather "anti-formal". It's more towards the "jungle" side of things. I spent four of my childhood years in Panama which seems to have marked my tastes.


We continue to bake in 100F+ heat. The heat is very dry thankfully but we all are exhausted from it. Just a couple more months...























































1 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Ugh, over 100 degrees. At least you have all these pretty things (and kitties) to look at!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home