Friday, June 15, 2007

IN HONOR OF This has been a sad and difficult week for three of my friends. Mia lost her beloved horse, Fuego. She saw him born in 1984 and was with him when he died. I worked with Mia some years back and noticed the many photos she kept at her desk of her many animals. A person after my own heart and a dear friend.

Kate lost Boo-Boo. Although "only a hamster" she was a beautiful little creature with an outsized personality and a love of music. Cute doesn't even come close.

Today The Empress Minnie passed from this planet. A tiny creature of incredible beauty and spirit I can feel the tears rising as I type. A joy for 15 years to my friends Randy and Suzy and to a fortunate handful of people she graced with her friendship. Farewell all. You are missed.

On much more mundane matters the frogs have all found good homes and the pool is being made ready for the overheated humans. Oh yes. Please.

Still no knitting though except for the buttonhole the shorts, which are really capri's, they are now done. The pants are "close". The next time I go into town I will spring for more cashsoft. I feel a need to miter.

EYE CANDY FRIDAY
Amararllis keep blooming. This one somehow managed to retain its tag so I'm pretty sure it's called "Ragtime". It's rather stunning.

Helenium, know by the common name of Sneezeweed.


And when you don't have a lot to say, say it in detail. Hollyhocks. Lots of them. Variety. As they reseed new types surface. This is only a selection - there are even more.

















2 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Warm thoughts to all your bereaved friends... tell them strangers are sending them sympathy, strangers who know what a dear friend an animal can be. I wish them heart and healing. Very hard stuff.

Beautiful flowers; thank goodness there is so much beauty in the world.

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for putting the Empress' pictures up. I am sure she is pleased. She is very, very much missed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home