Tuesday, May 29, 2007

ARTISTIC VISION Today Mr. UPS brought me some lovely gauze fabric from "Gorgeous Things" a website my girlfriend Suzy (hereafter known as "The Enabler") turned me on to. It's a delicate peach-pink color with embroidered flowers. I was thinking I might make this somewhat vintage looking dress with it. I've made this dress before and it suits me well. The gauze, as you might suspect, is rather sheer so I'm thinking that my lining skills might have to actually be born - forget about improving or sharpening.


Things got a little odd in my pursuit of creativity.

Tomorrow morning we head over to Nevada to the Fish Lake Valley hot spring. We'll do some motorcycle riding and I'll knit on the way there, on the way back and probably in between. I have bags of projects and two audio books to keep me amused. After three attempts I am moving along with the picovoli top. I am loving the Debbie Bliss Cathay yarn. It splits just a little but overall it's a delight to work with, springy and soft with a lovely sheen.

EYE CANDY TUESDAY
I won't be back until late Friday so I thought I'd post a few garden photos. I'm hoping to get some great desert pictures over the next few days.
This coreopsis has started to bloom. There are so many variations to be found. I get a lot of pleasure knowing that I grew this from seed. Seed picked off while visiting a nursery. My mother would be proud.
There is a new episode of TrueYarns up for your listening pleasure. EE says to "check it out".

A picot version of amaryllis. Also a flower with many variations.


A version in red.

A verbascum also grown from seed. This guy took two years to bloom. There were three but only one survived. They are tough plants that need little water. This one is over six feet tall. I plan to grow several more. You just have to be patient.

2 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

I love the 'artsy' photo -- tee hee! It's good to be back and I'll look forward to checking out the back episodes of True Yarns, now that I have an iPod again :)

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Da Mummy! It's Da Mummy! Now, who's your Daddy?

Given all the gathers in the dress below the waist, you may not need to line the dress. Maybe make it up, and see how it works.

Or you could make a pretty white half-slip, wear that underneath, and not bother buttoning up the bottom of the dress. Maybe a white eyelet.

Moi? Enabler? True! It's a rare calling, but one I am uniquely suited for. 8-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home