Friday, April 27, 2007

EYE CANDY FRIDAY Things are looking rather lush at Chez Earin's lately. We are pleased. After six years of trying this and that small sections of the garden are starting to work. Above is a wild type of iris bought commerically.
This is a native wild iris found on our property and around the county. Years ago when I was a student at UC Santa Cruz I went to a wildflower show where there were many, many native wild iris on display. I had no idea that there were so many variations, single, plain, ruffled.

The view from my kitchen. A climbing rose (Fourth of July) on the left. An orange oriental poppy in the middle (closeup below) and more iris.

The majority of the iris I have are purple and blue but there are also yellows, oranges, pale purple and a lovely one called "Hot Chocolate" that is a rich milk chocolate brown. This two toned one has a lovely smell.

A geum, Mrs Bradshaw, grown from seed. Just starting to strut her stuff. She and her sisters will bloom all summer long.
Today is our fifth wedding anniversary. Hubby and I were married out in our meadow. It rained the night before and was windy and cold the day of. It was chilly but wonderful. I am still amazed and grateful to all of our friends who traveled so far to come celebrate with us. (And forgiving of those who chose another wedding! Give me a few more years Mia! I'll get over it - eventually...) : - )
Tomorrow is the first anniversay of this blog. How time flys when you're kniting (and gardening) along!





4 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be groveling for years! I was there is spirit and I do remember the day well as I attended another outdoor wedding in the green oak-dotted hills above Gilroy. It is just difficult being so darn popular.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

You came to MY wedding, so I guess I should get over you choosing the Yarn Harlot over my 50th birthday party. Happy anniversary to you and Dick, you suit each other very well. Isn't it nice how we've both found contentment in our 50s?

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Happy anniversary, Earin. I *love* all your gorgeous flowers.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Ahhhh, what gorgeous flowers. I wave to you from the Land Down Under, where it is the equivalent of November right now (but there are still roses -- Perth is always full of roses). Happy Anniversary and Happy Blogiversary! And many happy returns of both :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home