Friday, April 20, 2007

GOLLY ROBIN...

No photos for this posting. I really should figure out the art of transferring my photos to someone else's computer. So, what would I be showing you if I could? Lots and Lots and Lots of plants. We went to two nurseries today, Annie's Annuals and Berkeley Hort. Annie started at BH and they also carry a selection of her plants so there was quite a bit of overlap. That didn't stop me from finding lots of things that I just had to have.

On the knitting front the checkerboard shell is about to be bound off on the front then I will try experimenting with side panels. The yarn RY cashsoft that I bought for my friend was given as a gift and it was received with much delight. She's finishing up a pair of mittens for a child then she'll start on her shawl. I should have brought another skein for the shell since I'm about to run out on this trip but I was smart and also brought along the herringbone sock. I've learned to always have plenty of projects as backup on trips.

Things have been busy these last few days. Wed. I traveled down to Los Altos, Thur. I had a doctor's appt. then a lovely lunch with my friend Julie, then a quick trip to the de Young museum to see an exhibit : Vivienne Westwood: 36 Years in Fashion. This was way cool and even had some very unusual handknit sweaters. It was nice to see fashion, wacky as it was at times that actually took into account that women have hips and busts and are naturally rather on the round side. Then I worked my way across the Bay bridge to Alameda to spend the night with another friend and we spent today wallowing in glorious plants. My poor truck is stuffed to the gills. Tonight I head back over the Bay bridge to see yet another friend and may or may not go running around SF. The weather has been a bit iffy so perhaps we'll be slobs and watch movies and knit all day. Then back home again. I love visiting my friends but I miss my hubby and animals and I'm eager to get all those plants out!

1 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Sounds like a great trip. It's funny that last weekend I went up to LA to get plants from my grandmother's house. So I was travelling north to do what you travelled south to do. I came home with leaves trailing out the window of my Celica. Can't wait to see pictures when you do get them home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home