Monday, April 16, 2007

DIETS NEVER WORK I have put myself on a yarn diet and am failing miserably. Well, some of this lovely RY cashsoft is for a friend as a birthday present. I was so taken with the color that I bought enough to make another basketweave shell. I'm using the same yarn but in a different colorway for the Hot Pink Tart. I'm almost up to the armhole decreases and very pleased with the results. It will be too small but a very smart suggestion from my friend Sharon about putting in side panels has me thinking. After I cast off the front I will loosely string it together and see how the armholes look. It might just work. I have to admit that I like it for myself a lot. It's light and oh so soft. Not to mention a great color and would be perfect for the heat of summer.

EYE CANDY NOW

I am heading down to the bay area on Wed. and will not be blogging on Friday so I thought, why not spread out my eye candy photos.

My iris are starting to open up. I'm so sorry folks on the east coast but northern CA is having beautiful spring weather. After two days of light rain and rather chilly temps we have switched to bright, sunny and 81 F.

Waterlilies on our pond. (Algae and aphids too but we won't mention them.)


2 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

That Cashsoft is lovely, and who can resist yarn? NOT ME! I had to kill a half-hour in Laguna Beach on Sunday, so of course I stopped by a yarn store and got MORE YARN that I didn't need...

Ooh, nice eye candy. I love the water lilies.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Elinoire said...

But isn't yarn just chock-full of fiber? So surely you can include *that* in your diet -- it's good for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home