Friday, March 23, 2007

SOME AMOUNT OF KNITTING (but not a lot)
The garden seems to be taking up most of my free time but there has been a little bit happening on the crafty side of my life. I made a very basic and boring pillowcase for a new body pillow. Some time soon I'll make a prettier one out of a big piece of purple silk that I've had around for six years. It's ever so soft. Right now though, I need something to protect the pillow. It's so boring I'll spare you a photograph. I've partially sewn up my felted bag. It has "potential". It's also a bit larger than I had originally envisioned it. I think it will look better with a striped strip along the top (with the stripes going at 180 degrees).
My silky wool from Elsebeth Lavold (bought from the Yarn and Fiber Company- fast, good selection, mailed within the day and FREE SHIPPING). I'm planning on making one of her Viking designs (a shell from book one). It's a project that I'll be doing with my girlfriend Sabrina. I think the pattern will suit her more than I, the design will sit right across my proud belly. Sabrina's belly is probably quite proud but it's also a lot smaller. I'm considering putting the design across my shoulders in the back. Stay tuned. I've knitted a small swatch and the stuff is lovely. It's a good color for me, it drapes well and has a nice nubby texture without any bulk.
I bought a couple of plants at the grocery store this afternoon and Ollie thought he would check them out.
EYE CANDY FRIDAY


We originally had three brothers from the same litter of cats. That's Ozzie on top. He loved sinks and high places. I think that Ollie is on the bottom. It could be Opie. Rest assured: it's a cat with a name that starts with the letter "O". Ozzie had a tumor and died about three years ago. In his honor (and over his body) I planted a forsythia bush. It bursts into bloom every spring with intensely yellow flowers. Ozzie had the most amazing golden eyes. The forsythia should eventually reach 7 feet.
My lilac bush has flowers this year for the very first time. I'd rather given up hope. It green, grows larger every year and looks very healthy but it has never bloomed. It's supposed to be a pale yellow but looks it looks pretty white to me. No fragrance either. Bummer, the best part about lilacs is their smell. Still, it's flowering!

The redbud has come into its own. We are not worthy. It is Spring.






1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Ooooo, I'm trying really hard not to covet that yarn. I love Silky Wool and that color is just beautiful. I bought enough Silky Wool for one of the sweaters in that 1st Viking Collection book. I swatched about a month ago but I've been a little afraid of actually knitting the sweater. I don't want to mess it up or be disappointed in my knitting. It seems like everywhere I've turned (or clicked, rather) on knitblogs this week there have been people talking about the gorgeous plans they have for some Silky Wool. I think it's a sign. It's time to knit the sweater.

I also wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your podcast. I haven't had the chance to listen since right after the new year, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home