Friday, March 09, 2007

JUST A SIMPLE SWEATERThat's all it was going to be. Something easy, fast, something to do while traveling around in the RV. After all, I'd admired the knitted sample in the shop and I'd been mooning over the Rowan Scottish Tweed for ages and ages. They would be purrfect but somehow they just aren't working for me. With spring about to sproing I've turned my thought to lighter fare such as this shell. I saw it modeled by Wendy at Wendy Knits and it looks like a good style for me.
And Claude is waiting for me quietly piled high on the sideboard.

NEW THINGS/VAIN ATTEMPTS


I have a moratorium on starting new crafts. I figure I can be creative with the many things I already own. Still, I had to bend my rule for this. It's fast and the samples were gorgeous. I'm hoping I can use it along with something knitted as an accent on say a simple knitted bag.
Joann's was having a 40% off sale on all crochet hooks and knitting needles. Being a member of the American Sewing Guild gives you another 10% (and my thanks to Suzy for having her card with her). You can never have enough hooks and needles.After frogging about on the sweater I took a break and tried to knit a hat from the Green Mountain Spinnery book. I copied the relevant pages but not the photo so when I became delusional I had nothing to guide me. My attempt is on the left (duh). The actual hat is on the right. I've never tried a hat before. I will probably try again...someday.
Phoenix is a great place to buy cotton yarn.

I bought more fabric for summer pants.

IT'S EYE CANDY FRIDAY!

Omar and Otis snoozing in the RV.
Spring is nearby. The redbud is about to burst into bloom.

The first rhododendron is ahead of the game. The peach trees are bringing up the rear. (The apples and cherry trees will be in a few weeks.)
The plum trees are also in bloom. We like plums.

Some of the daffodils opened while we were gone.
Sorry for the weird fonts and sizes. After three attempts I really have better things to do than wrestle with blogger.































2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beware of punchneedle, you can't do just one! How exciting that flowers are blooming for you already! Our daffodils are only about 2" high right now.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger bluey said...

The yarns and needles are lovely. So are the clothes. the color are so vibrant.

And the flowers are so beautiful. I don't feel that spring is coming until I saw the pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home