Friday, February 09, 2007

AGE RELATED

When I switched over to the new blogger it arbitrarily assigned me a date of birth. I though, hmmm, 250. No way. I'm more like Legolas, who's a very young nearly 3,000 year old elf. (Actually, there is some dispute about his actual age.) At the moment I'm 1003 but I might add a few years down the line.

Last night I cracked the code for the cable pattern for Claude. British patterns are laid out differently from American and I was being amazingly clueless. (Note to Self: Do not attempt to cast on anything at 4 am in the morning. You.Cannot.Count. I don't care how awake you feel.) All seems to be moving along fast at long last. At knitnight I bought a set of size 7 bamboo needles to replace the metal ones. This has helped a lot. The metal ones were far too slippery causing me to spend a lot of time and effort trying to keeping things straight. Knitnight was a lot of fun with a lot of laughing and good food along with wine and lots and lots of fiber. This is one fine group of ladies.


My stash is finally organized. The photo was too boring to post. I've still got to figure out how to deal with all my needles and other bits and pieces.
EYE CANDY FRIDAY

Despite many returns (happy and otherwise) blogger will not let me space things so my inate desire to have my blog entry be lined up Just So cannot happen. Get over it Earin.
We're finally getting some much needed rain. It is glorious to smell the moisture in the air and hear the rain falling. Omar is less than pleased. He is a dog who prefers to remain very, very dry. Having to hustle his cute butt out into the rain to do his business is not at all appealing but a little dog can only hold it for so long. I think we've figured out how to rig a tarp that won't flap in the wind and scare the poor guy while he's feeling exposed.


I have no idea how turkeys feel about the rain. They seem to go about their business rain or shine. It's getting to be mating season so there will be lovely displays of the males spreading their plumage. Look at Me! Look at Me! We hear the calling and crying of the nesting red tail hawks on and off throughout the day. It's a beautiful sound.
The garden is starting to show a little color with the primroses now in bloom. I don't know what the pinky-purple bush is in the background.

The first azalea of spring. As you can see from the leaves we have very hard water. I planted three new azaleas last year so I'm excited to see how they look in full bloom.















1 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

I love the yarn you're using for Claude. Such a nice shade.

The azalea is particularly gorgeous...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home