Monday, January 29, 2007

LESS DIRT
Much damage was done with the rented tractor. The dirt pile has been diminished, spread around the property to smooth out potholes, fill in low areas around the house, and helping shore up the pole barn. (Built singlehanded by hubby. I helped hold one pole while he aligned it. I did my part!)
When the hubby told me he had ordered dirt my eyes gleamed. Dirt! Lovely black stuff for the raised beds. Alas, it was red and mostly clay, a very low grade of dirt perfect for what it was intended for.
We still have lots of mulch. It will disappear come spring time when I spread it around to help hold in moisture and thwart the weeds. Omar likes to sit or stand on top surveying his domain and giving anyone walking a dog up the road a very hard time.
FO
The actual knitting of the somewhat cowl was done over a week ago but it has taken a long time to finally get around to weaving in the ends. This is the fastest I've ever knitted a sweater. I cast on a day or two after Christmas and worked on it almost every day. I still need to wash and block it. I like it a lot. It's an interesting yet easy pattern. It was done using DK silky merino from Sundara on size 2 and 3 needles. I did get a little tired of the endless rounds of stockinette at times but it fits well and suits me. When I've done a few other projects I'd like to return to this pattern and do it in a bulkier yarn. I did go back and redo the bottom cast off which helped a great deal. I noticed today that Wendy has some very good information and links to stretch cast-offs. I am constantly delighted and amazed at how much information is on the web and how generous other bloggers are passing on tips and links. I thank you. I also had fun this morning listening to Mason-Dixon being interviewed by John Seigenthaler. As always they are a hoot.
Next up? The second rib and cable is down to the thumb then we cast off. Then another sweater I think. I also need to get my act together and do another podcast. Tomorrow...for sure...after I finish my novel....



1 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

ooh! Somewhat Cowl came out *gorgeous*. Now we want a modelled shot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home