Sunday, January 07, 2007

CATS and KNITTING Whip out the digital and from out of nowhere a cat (or two or three) bounce up and say Pay Attention To Me (and by the way I am going to destroy whatever you're focused on).
The top part of the swatch (and the photo does not do it justice) is a nice little pattern called "dimples" that I found in my Vogue stitchionary. The sweater I will be making for the Red Sweater KAL (Cinxia from Knitty.com) calls for a twisted stockinette that just doesn't thrill me. I did several patterns till I found dimples and we are pleased. The green sample in the background is the photo in the book. Now for the fun part of figuring out what needs to change in the pattern since it's a tight stitch which will be used on the edging of the sweater/jacket. I don't have much experience doing this but hey, I'm game.

I'm down to the last six inches on the somewhat cowl then the ribbing (and the short sleeves and then the ribbing around the neck). I did three attempts of decreasing the waist and still wasn't happy. My SSK's left an unacceptable little hole. After all the fussing it finally hit me - I don't have a waist. Problem solved!

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the Somewhat Cowl modelled -- I think the Sundara yarn is going to look great with your coloring. I don't really have a waist (at least not anymore) either.. hadn't thought about that with regards to waist shaping. Could make life a little easier!

Clever alteration with the dimple stitch. I like twisted stockinette (partly because my first attempts at knitting were inadvertently that!), but I think this will make a nice change.

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, and the color is so pretty! That dimple stitch is great.

I laughed out loud at "I don't have a waist!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home