Thursday, January 04, 2007

KNITNIGHT I've just started attending the monthly knitnight at Meadow Farm. Last night was the first get together held in their brand new location. It's just around the corner but with more room and best of all - and indoor bathroom. Something one appreciates during the winter months. Said bathroom was "Out of Order" but Ellen the owner of MF managed to get a plumber on the phone who walked her through a temporary fix and we were all very happy and relieved. Whew!
I worked on my somewhat cowl and am making good progress. I continue to be absolutely in love with the DK silky merino from Sundara. I just don't get tired of the color or the way it feels. It just slides over my size 3's.

Yesterday the post delivered my Elsebeth Lavold silk/wool yarn that I hope to use for my red sweater. I am swatching but haven't yet hit gauge. The red looks very different under natural light than it does under house lights. Hmmm. I like how it feels and knits up though. I worked out the yardage and even bought more than I thought I needed but it just doesn't seem like a lot of yarn. Today as supposed to be rainy and gray. So far we've had rain, lots of clouds and sunshine. No rain means no snow up the road. We are not happy at this prospect.

3 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The aqua Sundara is just a lovely color. It will look gorgeous on you!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Cool, glad you found a local knit night! (I'm jealous!)

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The knitnight seems so fun.

I love the color of your somewhat cowl. :)

ur SP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home