Friday, December 08, 2006

EYE CANDY FRIDAY
Today is a gray day a bit like the photos show. The photos were taken a few years ago. Fall sliding into winter in northern California. It should start raining by this evening. Our house seems to be in the middle of clouds sliding over the mountains from the east and ground fog from the central valley to the west. The sky is milky white and rather odd. I'm hoping for lots of snow up in the mountains. I'm itching to go skiing or snowshoeing.
I found this rather interesting twisted tree alongside the trail this morning while walking Omar. It's a new trail, part of the Empire Mine. (Sidebar: the website for EM shows an animated mule pulling a wagon full of gold. The gold was actually bound to granite and had to be crushed but mules, well, they wrapped them up and brought them down the mineshaft. Once down the mule never saw the light of day again.) It's a pretty trail but unfortunately it runs alongside the always busy 174 so you get lovely woods with truck noises. Not a great combination
I'm down to the last few rows on rib and cable mitt no. 2. I keep working on other things such as pinning the zipper into the oversized dog coat and making a muslin for a new fleece dog coat. I took the mitt with me to knitnight at Meadow Farm Yarns on Wed. It was my first time and it was so much fun! Something I certainly will be doing again. Interestingly no one there had a blog or seemed interested in blogging or podcasting. Speaking of pcasts. I'm overdue and will be getting my act together soon. Honest.

1 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

I do get to seeing why you live out in the middle of nowhere, when I see pics like these...!

I need to do some knitting. I have zero to blog about this week. Oops. Not a good sign.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home