Monday, December 04, 2006

MIXED MESSAGES

I overslept this morning making me late for my haircut appt. It turned out to not be a big deal. I seemed to be the only game in town and no one was waiting impatiently when I arrived or after I was done. I wondered if starting the day off in such a way bode ill but after popping into the fabric store and getting an 18" zipper for my dog sweater project I headed home. Just before I pulled into our driveway I saw a glorious sight: one of our nesting red tailed hawks sitting on top of a snag down at the pond. I have been remiss and haven't posted the buttons for either the Red Sweater KAL or Knit the Classics. I wanted to make up my own button, which I have done. I spend a considerable amount of time last night trying to get the red sweater button to do what I wanted. I seemed to have two options: either tiny and next to another button or HUGE and at the bottom of my blog. I'm still working on figuring out what is going on here.
The dickie/neck tube for hubby was finished a few days ago. It's a no pattern tube of four by four ribbing that I increased about half way up by adding one extra per knit, then one extra per purl for a couple of times. I wish I had one more skein of the di.vo Autunno merino to make it a little longer. Still, hubby isn't a very long necked guy and he says it is fine. The second rib and cable mitt is going very fast though I found a dropped stitch last night that likely means that I will have to frog back a bit. Picking it up gave so-so results.

Resisting the urge to cast on anything new - after all I'm holding off on starting my red sweater till Jan. I found a pair of two color herringbone socks at Knitty.com in the current issue that I think will be a great way for me to start my immersion into color knitting. Next year, of course. I feel determined to get most of my UFO's off my needles.

2 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Hah! Your Otis Red Sweater KAL button CRACKS ME UP!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Your red sweater KAL button is a riot! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home