Friday, December 29, 2006

EYE CANDY FRIDAY What the side yard looked like outside my studio window last week at dusk. I can't remember if I posted this before but I think not. Sometimes the fog comes up and the clouds come down and things go all misty. When storms are coming down the valley we can watch them whoosh up our hill.
Sunset at Lake Powell, Arizona. If you've never been - go. It's beyond gorgeous. Now that the lake level has dropped there are many Indian ruins that haven't been seen in a very long time. The tour of the dam is very good even with the required armed guard trailing behind. (What an interesting age we live in.)
When I visit Kate in the bay area we often go over to Colma to look at the tombstones. This one is one of my favorites done up in the Egyptian manner. If you have to go into the ground this is a nice covering.

I was the winner of one of the Red Letter Day prizes at the Red Sweater KAL. Absolutely gorgeous stuff. Two skeins of rare essentials "cocoon cherry" alpalca/silk/mohair/superfine merino (be still my beating heart) and one skein of Jo Sharp's aran cotton in "mareschino". The prize came all the way from Australia. The reds are just luscious. I am one lucky dude-ette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home