Wednesday, January 10, 2007

LOVE I have fallen madly in love with this cardigan from the blog, "My Fashionable Life". It's called "Claude" and I now own it. (Anna, the designer was mentioned on a recent Mason-Dixon blog entry. I just followed the dancing links.) I did some surfing around to find the exact yarn Anna recommended (a first for me) and found all 10 skeins on EBay for $2 a skein less than anywhere else. Even with shipping it was quite a bit cheaper. Oh? The yarn? Debbie Bliss cotton angora. I read through the pattern carefully and it all made sense. I think I'm growing up at least knitting-wise. I continue to make very good progress on the somewhat cowl and am dreaming of my next project. Claude or Cinxia in Elsebeth Lavold red? Claude is more of a spring garment. So is Cinxia. Perhaps a coin toss.

I am heading down to the bay area tomorrow and will not be posting so I thought I would get my Eye Candy offerings in early. Despite the fact that I will be throwing my life on the Grill of Chance via the freeway on a Friday near rush hour I am excited. Some months ago I blogged about contacting Lynne Streeter who had crocheted an amazing person back in 1975. I had come across a small black and white photograph of her person in a Sunset magazine on crocheting. She lives half the year in Italy and the other half in the bay area. She teaches marble sculpture. I'm going to meet her at last at a charity art show in the Mission District given by her daughter. Way, way, way cool! I'm hoping to interview her for my podcast, Trueyarns when I finally figure out how to record remotely. I've experimented with my little handheld recorder but the results are pretty miserable.

EYE CANDY THURSDAY

Sunset in Nevada. The hubby took this photograph while out on a motorcycle trip in the Nevada desert. It might be a sunrise. Who knows. He's asleep on the couch so we'll never find out. More views from my living room window and more proof that I get up early, at least to make a pit stop.
Lovely light after rain in the afternoon. Have a good weekend everyone!

6 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! The sweater is *gorgeous*, and what a fab color!

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! The sweater is *gorgeous*, and what a fab color!

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh. Sorry about that, blogger's being evil tonight! But, the sweater is gorgeous times two.

Er, since I just said it again, times three?

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pattern is nice.

So are the candy thurday. *Nice nice*

Have a safe and fun trip.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Creative Life Studio said...

Have listened to a couple of your podcasts (my hubby got me an iPod for Christmas) and thought I'd stop by to say hello.

I am another "creative junkie," always doing one project or another. At this point in my life - with two daughters at home whom I homeschool (and 3 cats who'd love to get into anything I'd have out; plus have a dog and a parrot!...but they don't get into anything!)- I like my projects to be somewhat portable and "put-awayable." Can't leave out the paint or clay, etc., but that will be for another season in my life.

So, one of my new year's resolutions is to focus and learn more about knitting. I have done only straight garter stitching projects (hats and scarves) thus far and now am beginning work on a diagonal-ribbed tube sock as my entry into the patterned world (I have photos on my blog). It's going well... and then not so well... and then well again! :)

I had to laugh at your last podcast about how you said you've always purchased the yarn *first* and then thought of projects later. Or seen the sweater that you LOVE without, perhaps knowing how to do it or if it will look good on you.

I'm the opposite! I am quite methodical and am on a pretty tight budget, so I can't go out and just get the yarn. I definitely go with a plan in mind. I listen to other podcasts like Lime & Violet and they buy SO MUCH YARN! Is it just that they don't have kids???? I don't know... I guess I just haven't caught the yarn bug. I like yarn, but I'm not spending everything on it. Plus, I've never been a collector or hoarder. I don't like the feeling of supplies sitting around taking up my space and not getting used.

Well, gosh, this is almost a blog post in itself. Stop by my site if you like. That way I can stop jabbering here! :)

Thanks again for your podcast. I do enjoy it and I like the way you encourage people to do something creative in their lives every day. It's good advice and something I believe in!

Blessings to you,
Mrs. Pivec

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Earin Marybird said...

Hello mrs. p. I couldn't find any way to contact you through your website so I hope you check back here.

I do have a magpie gene but it's pretty reasonable. I've lived so much of my life towards the "lean" side that I am certainly enjoying having disposable income for the second half. I also like to move from project to project to keep my interst intact. (Same with food: my hubby eats one thing at a time, I take a bite of this, a bite of that.) I've also lived overseas for years at a time and know that most Americans live a very lush life. I just love yarn - the colors, the texture. I often have a project in mind and sometimes it takes me a very long time to finally do it but on the whole things works out. I think I have 5 or 6 major projects in mind already for 2007! The podcast is a lot of fun. I'm glad you enjoy it.

Good luck with your knitting. If you haven't found it yet http://www.knittinghelp.com/ is a wonderful resource.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home