Friday, January 26, 2007

EYE CANDY FRIDAY

I have houseguests so not much blogging is going on but I hate to miss ECF. Above is my friend Dave (and his partner Katrina - my old landlady/housemate for nearly 10 years) patting a madrone on one of the many hikes we have done over the years. They have 15 to 25 years or so on me and still manage to hike me into the ground. I think Dave was the original energizer bunny.


A leaf I found last fall in Nevada City. It was scanned in.


Dirt. When I told my friend Kate that we had dirt delivered she mused about buying dirt: Is there a dirt store? Is there a showroom? "Right this way, sir, we are here for all of your dirt needs..."
Yes, yes, and yes. City Folks. Humph.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But, of course there would be a showroom for dirt. Would you like the loamy type, or something a bit more sandy? Decomposed leaves? Something a bit coarser, like a mulch?

In Southern AZ there are even showrooms for rocks. Yes, all those xeriscaped front yards actually require rock selection (size, color, shinyness). Don't get me started on boulders.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dirt is a whole other world! Can't tell you how many cars stopped at our house when we were replacing the yard to ask "where did you get your dirt?" :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home