Friday, February 02, 2007

WINTER BLUESAfter the problem with the somewhat cowl growing to a too large size I've fallen into a bit of a funk. The weather hasn't helped having turned cold and uncharitable. When funked I find that reading is always a good way to ride things out. Several books later I'm feeling much better and have cast on for "Claude" purchased from My Fashionable Life. My swatch was dead on for gauge. Same needle size, the exact same yarn used. As I knitted along it quickly became apparent that despite all this things were too big. I've carefully measured me, the pattern, the individual pattern pieces and decided to go down one pattern size. I've now gone down a needle size and I seem to be on target. Wish.Me.Luck.
After pulling out all my stash it sat there in an awful muddle till I pulled myself together. It's still a muddle but I'm thinking about it. I bought a new tub which cheered me up to no end. I put out Episode 7 of my podcast, trueyarns so I hope you'll check it out. If anything, just to hear me say "uh" over and over. I have no idea how Brenda Dayne of Cast-On does it. She doesn't even seem to breathe.
EYE CANDY FRIDAY
I've always loved this photo of my friend Lynda up by the town of Washington. We were looking for a waterfall (hubby is crazy for waterfalls) and ended up working our way up the Yuba river. Opie has taken to climbing up on our backs anytime we lean over. Right after this photo was taken he made a tremendous leap to the kitchen counter. Omar often wonders why he can't manage quite the same distance. He thinks he's a cat or at least a cat/dog hybrid.

Me at 19. I was very sad - it was a difficult time. I also wore "Twiggy" eyes.



2 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Twiggy eyes and sad at 19. Boy, can I ever relate to that.

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably need more stress in your life! That will help you knit tighter and maybe stay on gauge. I've had the growing garment issues before too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home