Tuesday, January 30, 2007

WE BLOCK NOW, OKAY? The blocked somewhat cowl has been very popular with the furred crowd. By popular demand (n = 2) a photograph of me actually wearing the sweater will happen in the near future.
FATHER AND SON
My stepson has been visiting us for the last week. He and the hubby share many interests in common. One of them is spending a lot of time on the couch watching things go VOOM! and BANG!!. I think of this as an action shot because they're both sitting up. I tease but...
With visions of motorcycles dancing in my head it's time for:

A REVIEW OF THE GREAT ESCAPE by Kate

Continuing my prison camp theme, I now present my review of The Great Escape (1963):

1. When I grow up, I want to be The Scrounger. He was living large. (Now imagine if he and William Holden’s character from Stalag 17 were in the same prison camp. These are the guys to know.)

2. SMcQ looks good dirty.

3. Re-using your tea leaves 20 times???? I would be in hell.

4. SMcQ looks good in the cooler.

5. The King of Cool - playing The Cooler King? How cool is that?

6. The best-dressed POW award goes to: David McCallum (the other Man from U.N.C.L.E.) It might be my own ignorance of RAF uniforms, but his was a bit flashier than everybody else’s and he was not the highest-ranking officer, but it was still nice.

7. Word to the wise: If you are an escaped prisoner being taken back to your prison camp, and your captors (THE ENEMY!!) says it’s okay to "get out and stretch your legs" – DON’T YOU BELIEVE IT.

8. "Progressive myopia": welcome to my world. I would be toast.

9. SMcQ looks good stuck in barbed wire.


1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you spritz the cowl with water, and perhaps toss it in the dryer for a bit. Might that shrink it some?

Blasphemous as it sounds - unravel (what's the technical term...frog!) and try again with smaller guage?

Maybe the cats weren't really helping it dry, but instead stretching it out, so it's meant to be worn with kitty heads peeking out the cowl, and fuzz bods ensconsced? The yarn, and the workmanship are just too beautiful to be a wadder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home