Friday, March 16, 2007

SPRING HAS SPRUNG And how can I tell you ask? The temperature is now consistently in the 70's. I'm wearing shorts, the door and windows are open and the cats are shedding. It is tempting to save the hair that I comb, seemingly non-stop, and see about spinning it but I don't spin anymore and there is always More Cat Hair regardless of the season though not usually so much. Oh and frogs, we have frogs out looking for love. They are quite loud about it. I keep hoping they'll get lucky (they seem to be all males) and just Shut Up for a bit.

That's a Valerie candle in the background. One part of a lovely Christmas present. I'm still thinking Valerie about ways to Pay.You.Back.


It's seemed a perfect shame to have to spend yesterday, an absolutely gorgeous afternoon, at the dentist's but it had to be done. They were fast, efficient and very, very nice but it was still a visit to the dentist.

I am proud to say that we have finally gone solar in a very small way (not proud of the small way but just glad that we've got off the grid in any way shape or form). We now have a small light in the pole barn and a way to trickle charge the many pieces of machinery we need to maintain the acreage and the things used for pleasure such as the dual sport bikes.
Some knitting has occurred. I've finished the piece I want to make a bag out of and have felted it. As I suspected different yarns felt differently. I'm going to attack it with a steam iron to see if I can even it out a bit. Kate is coming this weekend (hubby is riding his motorcycle in Death Valley) and I will get back to Claude while watching lots of movies. We may or may not get out of our pj's for more than a couple of hours a day. Then again...

EYE CANDY FRIDAY

A while back my friend Suzy (she who is visited in Phoenix) made up a collection of bags and emailed me photos. Much drooling ensued on my part. It paid off. One of them is Now Mine. Na na na na na!



Shadows on a wall in my living room.

Shadows on snow at South Lake Tahoe.








3 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Yay solar! We have solar electric and are looking into solar hot water heat. Every little bit is good!

I'm laughing that you actually took a photo of the dentist's chair. I'm going in for the first time in ~7 years (er, oops) on Tuesday. Cross your fingers for me.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Suzy's bag is absolutely gorgeous! You sure are lucky!

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, thank you for all the bag compliments! I have finally made one to keep for myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home