Thursday, June 28, 2007

HEAR THE SOUND

The sound of my sewing machine whirling away. I have made another pair of capri. This time I got a little fancy and did piping along the pocket edges. My sewing room is still a bit of a mess but sections are becoming organized. Plastic tubs are my friend.


The main body fabric is a Laurel Birch design that I bought while in Phoenix earlier this year.


I seem to be at odds with most of my knitting projects at the moment. The Picovioli is being done with cotton (Debbi Bliss) which shows all my tension issues and is very depressing. I decided that just incorporating my first attempt at a chart right into the garment working backwards and in the round was not wise. Face it, it wasn't working AT.ALL. So I've cast on a swatch and am practicing. Shhhh.

I checked Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Workshop out from the library. By page 18 I went to Amazon and ordered myself a copy. I had already learned three important things. I've been listening to audio books from the library while I work. Overall I like this but have run into some issues with disks being damaged. Missing two of the three murders was not acceptable. I am also rereading my Harry Potter's to get ready for the movie and the very last book in the series.
I am trying a new way to organize my needles. That is to say, I'm trying (for the first time) to really get them in some semblance of order. I'm tired of rooting around looking for the second of a pair. So far I am liking things. I bought some brochure holders from Staples and had hubby mount them on the wall. I bought the numbers from Ben Franklin.


EYE CANDY THURSDAY

So I'm a day early. So sue me. Plums coming ripe.
Figs coming ripe. Oh yes please.
The first sunflower.


More Gloriosa daisies in situ. They look a bit like sunflowers. This plant is an amazing reseeder. They pop up everywhere.


Day lilies. I am lusting after more colors.









1 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of curiousity, why does one bins series of numbers increase back to front, and the other two front to back? Or is that just the evil, symmetrical, accountant persona, Tawandah, coming out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home