Friday, July 13, 2007

DITTO

I saw this lovely little book mentioned in Threads. On the rare occasions that I buy a piece of clothing and it 1) suits me and 2) fits like a dream I want to make it up over and over. This books tells you how. The current issue of Threads is about how to work with vintage patterns and I am eager to practice making keyhole pockets. As Suzy The Enabler said: "When did everything become so standardized? Harrumph!" Well said.


Lene, over at her blog, The Seated View, has a fun quiz to take about how well you would survive an attack by zombies. I scored a nice 63% which just goes to show you that at any sign of trouble I'm willing to off my loved ones. I would have scored higher if we had a gun in the house but sorry, no can do. We have a crossbow but that wasn't on the quiz. Go check it out. It's a hoot. Do you have enough canned goods?

MORE EYE CANDY

A tree fern in the late afternoon light.


Ollie, looking amazingly color coordinated with our front door. He has such a dense pelt that he suffers so from the heat. This is a cat built for snow. Even his paws are huge and furry.

A daylily I have no memory of planting. Have a safe and fun weekend!



3 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Elinoire said...

63% is really good -- I scored a mere 28%. It's okay, though. I fully realize that if my life becomes a horror movie, I'm one of the cannon fodder people who get offed pretty quickly. I have lousy reflexes.

Weirdly enough, Mr. Elinoire and I saw a movie about zombies this week (*I* think that's weird, don't you? It's not like the subject of zombies comes up all the time...). It was sort of "Leave it to Beaver Redux, Now with Zombies" and we definitely enjoyed it, but I'm not sure it's going to appeal to everyone. :-) http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/fido/

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

What a clever-sounding book. You'll have you tell us how well it works for you!

I am at 41% zombie survival. Probably this would get me at least an hour into a movie....

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Lene Andersen said...

I'm sure the crossbow counts for more than a gun. I mean, you can make more arrows once you run out, right? Whereas bullets might be more of a challenge (well, depending on the country you live in, but eventually you 8will* run out).

I think I've thought about this a little too much...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home