Wednesday, July 18, 2007

JAMMING



Hubby and his friend Eric took off for a few days to visit Burney Falls and see the back roads of Northern CA. I stayed home and tended to the home fires. The peaches are coming ripe so I made jam. Lots of jam. Pretty tasty stuff too. Otis is intrigued by part of the haul.




I have been knitting on Pebbles. The left front seems...odd. The drawing on the pattern shows a one-sided "V" - the front opening angles out and the side seam stays straight. This is not what I am getting. I have cast on the right front to see how that looks and then will make a decision whether or not to frog.


Sunset magazine had a little piece about this book. I love Indian food but am not proficient in cooking it. Toss in that I love garbanzo beans (which are on the cover) and I went for it. I will try a recipe tonight using some of my garden produce - a zuke and some French pole beans. I've liked what I've read so far but as a vegetarian I would have preferred much fewer meat dishes and a whole lot more veggie recipes.

5 spices, 50 dishes by Ruta Kahate.




3 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Ooh, look at the gorgeous jam. I haven't lifted a finger jam-wise this summer, partly because the mother-in-law is here and my projects go down when she's around. I'm still hoping to get hold of some figs or plums before summer is over.

The dish on the front cover of that cookbook looks good, though I can't eat much restaurant Indian food because of the dairy protein allergy (so much of it has yoghurt in it). I miss yoghurt, but not being sick all the time.

We're vegetarian at home (and my husband is vegetarian all the time). I don't know if I realized you were too! I don't know if you like Thai food or not, but if you do, I /strongly/ recommend the cookbook "Real Vegetarian Thai" (McDermott). I don't often cook from cookbooks, but this one is an exception. Yum.

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Elinoire said...

Hey, I just named my new post "Jamming," too. :-) Your output puts me to shame, though.

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger bluey said...

The jams look yummy..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home