Friday, March 14, 2008

DOWN FOR THE COUNT

My cold turned out to be a flu that knocked me down and sat across my head and chest for the last couple of weeks. I'm still tired all the time but at least I've stopped coughing and can now get a decent night of sleep. I think the weirdest and hardest part was having absolutely NO interest in pretty much anything. This is a mind that is constantly thinking, "I'll sew this!", "I think this would be cool to knit", along with various things I want to cook and spring-time thoughts of what to do in the garden. It's nice to be heading back towards the living and knitting part of the Universe at long last.

With that said I went into Auburn last Tuesday for the first ever Auburn Knit Night put together by my dear friend Sharon. We were small, only six, but we were perfect. I think this is going to be a great group. (Okay, so I didn't manage to photograph all six. Seventy people had signed up via Ravelry so check us out.)




In between bouts of uncontrollable coughing I've been working on some chemo caps for my friend Katrina who is going through yet another round of chemohell. I cruised Ralvery hat patterns and came across this lovely beret pattern offered for free by Aileen Cahill at www.knittingneels.com. Thank you Aileen. I love the pattern and have almost finished with a second version. The first was done in a Debbie Bliss cotton/nylon/silk called "Cathay" which was a delight to work with and should be nice and cool. I think I used size 5's dpns/circular. The second is striped using two skeins of cotton that I bought a longlonglong time ago. No name but I know for sure I'm using a size 4.

For EYE CANDY FRIDAY I offer up some wildflowers (that I haven't even identified for sure) that we saw in Death Valley.








1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

well POO. .. I didn't think I could infect you with flu from this far away! ;-) So sorry you got it. I know just what you mean about not wanting to do ANYTHING. I just lay around and didn't move, a lot. I'm glad you are improving, and glad to hear about Knit Night -- a bit envious! You'd think I could get one going in San Diego.. I'll have to work on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home