Friday, June 11, 2010

SAD BUT TRUE





We don't like turnips. I decided to grow outside my comfort zone this year and put in some very pretty turnips. After thinning my little turnip patch I turned to a Greens recipe with high hopes. It just didn't do the trick. I am trying to gather up my courage to rip out the rest.









Abigail is finished. I'm sure it will be next fall before I finally do the final bit, the sewing of the collar and putting on a button. Overall, a lovely pattern that I would like to make again.



Size 3 needles using 2 and a bit skeins of A Star Alpacas. No colorway name but it leans towards Camouflage.








There was some late night yarn buying. Tosh Sock from The Loopy Ewe. I am deeply tempted to buy two more skeins of the purple. Deeply. Tempted.









I gave in to temptation last week while visiting a not quite LYS and bought two skeins of Tosh Sock. One is in the process of being turned into yet another Saroyan.





(And that is a great book. I'm about to start the second one.)




Ribbit!






We have a new resident in our pond. It's a bullfrog, an introduced species. Sex unknown but since there seems to be only the one, baby bullfrogs are not likely to appear. S/he makes a high pitched, girlish shriek if I appear unexpectedly (not that I'm expected at any given time).



The Garden



Things are still quite lush after such a rainy winter and spring. The summer heat is just gearing up, the a/c covers are off, and an inventory of shorts and t-shirts has been made. I am ready.


A self portrait with petunias.




Olive, looking very like herself.



The various ferns are unfurling.




Roses



Sage and, you know, I still don't remember what the pink flower is called. Must.Look.Up.


Crowded Cats


The Enabler made a comment about cats having to share cat beds and she is right (as usual -annoying but I love her so). There has been crowding observed. Must do something about it soon.

4 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Lene Andersen said...

You have a real frog! So very cool!!

(I get excited about such things, what with living downtown, amid the concrete. No frogs. Ever. ).

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Abigail is very cute! Such lovely subtle colors.

LOVE the bullfrog, despite it being introduced. They do keep the insects down.

Olive is gorgeous... as are the ferns and flowers. I love the pile of cat.

Have had fun looking through all your postings that I missed, though I'm only commenting on this one. Love Opal on the bird box — that is just a classic photo. Waiting for lunch!!

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Passel O' Cats. Truly adorable. They do seem to like to pile into small spaces, the more the merrier.

1 week and 1 day until you're here. I can't wait!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Sissie said...

Erin...oh....drool. Your knitting is to die for. I am definitely going to be in your mini-demo at the retreat. Can you PLEASE bring that sweater and any show and tell you have room for. Also bring advise and tutoring for poor souls like me?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home