Friday, July 30, 2010

MY BRAIN HURTS





Gretel. A very pretty little hat with cables. I have redone this FIVE times. I just don't think the same way as the designer I guess. I think I may be screwed up again.





Sunflowers. I didn't even see the bee.


Calla lilies. The flowers are supposed to be colored but so far there are none. Last year they reverted back to white. At least the leaves are attractive.



I'm one of those awful people who pinch off leaves when I find something nice. Three years this September I pinched this succulent leaf off while over in Sebastopol. It was, maybe, an inch and a half total. I have no idea what it's called but it's very pretty.



A rudbeckia that I grew from seed.



Katrina's orchid. Reblooming. I still miss her almost a year later.




Katrina's snake. He helps keep the birds off the fruit trees. I sometimes feel startled when I come upon him and I know that he's not only made of rubber but I placed him there. Okay, so not only am I easily confused, I'm easy to scare.
For the raccoons there is a hot wire. Love to hear them yelp. Leave my fruit alone!



Give a vegetable garden a little chicken poop and it goes crazy. The tomato plants are close to 5' tall at this point.


There are finally starting to be ripe tomatoes along with beans, squash (oh boy, do I have squash), and various other things. Just to keep me on my toes I got an email today saying it was time to start up my fall seeds. Ihaven't even finished cleaning up from the spring fling.

1 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Suzy said...

From the Spring Fling into the Fall Festival. The tomatoes look yummy. One of these days, perhaps, you can teach us how to garden.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home