Monday, May 29, 2006

Progress

Progress is Being Made. I've been putting in serious time with both my sock and my garden. See all those weeds?

Imagine that you can see me on my hands and knees ripping, digging, pulling – and this is just a small section. Then imagine my surprise when at the end of the day I go sit on the couch and pick up the latest issue of "Fine Gardening". There, in full color, it tells you how Mexican Evening Primrose is a wonderful thing to grow. (A careful reading of the article does mention to be careful to contain it - ha! It will jump your borders with ease!) MEP the very thing I have been ripping out for the last several years. Can you say or spell INVASIVE? Grumble. Mumble. Gritting of teeth. Unless you want your entire garden covered in it Do Not PLANT this monster!! (Also notice the yellow tennis ball to the left bottom. That thing tried to KILL me the other morning - stepped on it and went flying. Wheeeeee!!!!)

I’ve noticed that when knitting into the small hours of the morning I tend to do things like pull out one dpn thinking it’s my knitting dpn. Then I get my stitches all twisted so I have to spend a lot of time going back, getting things on my needle and doing knitting surgery with my crochet hook.

Just so I can claim to be a BusyBee of a Girl I've also been doing this. Opie has been helping. If you can't quite tell he's sitting on one of the two sleeves of my sweater jacket that I am blocking. The second picture is one of the front panels. The pictures are dark because the flash is still not working.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Earin! This is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it on you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home