Thursday, June 01, 2006

Two Views

I have to admire the Yarn Harlot for her skill at photographing her knitting in the garden. I am finding that it is a lot harder than it looks. I couldn’t decide which of the two progress shots of my sock I liked best. I now need to do twenty rows with the stitches I’ve been holding for the heel and then I Turn the Heel. Oh my.


Here are even more garden photos

This is a volunteer larkspur. Sometimes I get a plant that is pink, which is pretty unusual. The white flower with the sock is an oak leaf hydrangea (Quercifolia) called "Alice". It will eventually grow to 10 or 12 ft. That will be fun. The panicles are 10+ inches long. Sounds like my kind of Alice. The rose is called "Dream Weaver". Not much smell alas. It's a climber. Now that I have stopped moving them around (I have three - I believe in overdoing things) they are growing tall. It all looks so pretty. You can’t really see the aphids, powdery mildew and at this time of year, hordes of beetles chewing away.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

I love your garden. Something about the second picture looks like a big pink caterpillar snaking across the plant, though ;-) (But it's a great sock!!)

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

I make the heel exactly like I make the toe, so I am fascinated that your sock is nearly complete, waiting for the heel to be turned!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home